Various methods are used for weight loss, including eating foods without flavour which is certainly not enjoyable. Instead of losing weight, within a few days you feel impatient to ‘revenge’ to eat all the desired food. To prevent that from happening, you can rely on spices to enrich the taste of your food. Various studies state several types of herbs can help you lose weight. Research shows, if we don’t like the taste of the food we eat, it’s far less likely to stick to a diet, no matter how disciplined we are on a diet. There are other ways to lose weight, namely the old school new body program. If you follow the program well, you will be able to get the ideal body in a fast way!
Spices are the best way to add flavour to food, without providing extra calories, sugar, sodium, or other useless ingredients. Moreover, many herbs and spices can increase metabolism and help the body burn fat faster. Here are the seven types of herbs or spices:
1. Cinnamon Cinnamon is useful for balancing blood sugar, helps curb your appetite, and makes us feel full longer. Cinnamon can also be a substitute for sugar when you enjoy a cup of coffee or tea, so you avoid consuming extra calories.
2. Cumin Only one teaspoon of cumin per day can help burn body fat up to three times more, when compared to cooking without cumin, according to a recent study conducted on women who are overweight. Cumin can be added to many dishes such as soups, stews, stir-fries, and baked goods.
3. Garlic Some people don’t like garlic because according to them, this one seasoning makes the breath smell bad. But, beyond that, garlic can help burn fat. There is a study that found that mice fed garlic can lose weight significantly within seven weeks.
4. Turmeric This bright yellow spice can help the body burn fat, according to a 2009 study from Tufts University. The study found that mice given curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, lost more fat than mice that did not eat curcumin. Curcumin can increase body heat, which in turn can increase metabolism. Turmeric also has several other health benefits, from helping fight Alzheimer’s disease to helping to maintain hormonal stability during menstruation.
5. Ginger Like cinnamon, ginger can also help control surges in blood sugar levels after you eat sugary foods or high carbohydrate foods. This herb is also thermogenic, so it can help speed up the fat-burning process, according to Barbara Mendez, RPH, MS, a nutritionist in New York City.
6. Black pepper Like ginger, black pepper is also thermogenic. Also, black pepper can block the formation of new fat cells, Mendez said. As a result, this spice is also useful for preventing weight gain.
7. Chilli Like turmeric, chilli is also hot or thermogenic and accelerates metabolism. Adding ‘hot’ spices to your cooking can help you burn up to 100 calories of food proportions, according to nutritionist Lauren Minchen, RD.